Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Getting Video To Play RowListExample

Having a bit of a tough time with this. Trying to build a very simple channel, and going thru the SDK Tutorial it seems the RowList is about the easiest and fairly appealing basic site that it offers. I have built a Direct Publisher channel, but have a project that over time may require more features so I'm trying to give it a go. Using the zip in the following link: https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Playing+Videos , as well as downloaded most other zip files & went thru some coding & instructions. Is it pretty challenging to grasp, or am I just not seeing the code amongst everything else. And for what its worth the few zips that do play content all seem quite complex, or its the List view one, which I don't think is very appealing. I don't see a 'simple' way to switch the coding from the List onto a Grid or Row.

Any help would be appreciated, I've spent days & hours and while I have a foundation channel on my unit with custom (replaced) graphics and text, I've reached a bit of a plateau getting a video to play. The Github ones seem about as complex as the SDK tutorials as well. Thanks for any assistance or insights.
0 Kudos