Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianstegman
Streaming Star

Re: Free app for Roku dev's

I looked into the bug last night and it looks like I missed this when I updated for windows.  Thanks marcelo.cabra!  I just pushed out version 1.3.0 which should now exclude the out directory.  This version also includes the ability to take screenshots.  Thanks joetesta for the suggestion.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

ran into a small bug on windows with the keyboard remote, I was hitting enter expecting 'OK' press but it kept going to home position as if it was receiving 'Home' press.  Tried a few times then gave up and switched to actual remote and it worked as expected.
aspiring
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"joetesta" wrote:
ran into a small bug on windows with the keyboard remote, I was hitting enter expecting 'OK' press but it kept going to home position as if it was receiving 'Home' press.  Tried a few times then gave up and switched to actual remote and it worked as expected.

I had an issue related to focus, when using the keyboard as remote and the focus is on a button, pressing Enter (OK) the button is also pressed, another thing: the up/down keys affects the scrollbar of the window when you are navigating on Roku, that is distracting, have the window content scrolling up and down.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

"marcelo.cabral" wrote:
"joetesta" wrote:

I had an issue related to focus, when using the keyboard as remote and the focus is on a button, pressing Enter (OK) the button is also pressed, another thing: the up/down keys affects the scrollbar of the window when you are navigating on Roku, that is distracting, have the window content scrolling up and down.

aha that is probably the cause of my issue, because when I went back to it within the same "session" (no roku reboot between or anything) it was back working as expected.  Thanks Marcelo.
Regarding the build / ignore topic, just built a project and seeing it includes my .git folder and .gitignore file
Thanks for your efforts Brian!!
aspiring
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

I will add these items to the list.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

haven't contemplated potential security implications, but what about saving dev keys and having an option to package builds?
aspiring
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

couple more requests, exclude existing ".zip" files from being included in zips / builds
to copy text from the debugger I hit ctrl-c but that then breaks the app, tried right-clicking but it just un-highlights text without copying to clipboard.
aspiring
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"joetesta" wrote:
haven't contemplated potential security implications, but what about saving dev keys and having an option to package builds?

This is on my list of things I want to add.  I want to make it so you can generate the keys too.
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"joetesta" wrote:
couple more requests, exclude existing ".zip" files from being included in zips / builds
to copy text from the debugger I hit ctrl-c but that then breaks the app, tried right-clicking but it just un-highlights text without copying to clipboard.

I will be adding the ability to input what files/folders to exclude.  As for the copying.  This works on mac so this must be a windows issue.  I will take a look.  Thanks for letting me know. 
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Was looking for this post, Finally found it!
Another request, a way to label / nickname devices that come up in the Select list for quick reference, like an input field to the right of the ip address that could be sticky based on the device id?

And bump for ability to copy text from debugger without breaking (ctrl c) the app - thanks Brian! 😄
aspiring
0 Kudos