Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianstegman
Streaming Star

Free app for Roku dev's

I built an app to help those of us who work with Roku's.  I hope it makes your day a little bit easier 🙂

http://www.stegmancompany.com/#rokuDashboard
0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Free app for Roku dev's

Only for Macs so far
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

There is a version for windows now!  However, I don't use windows on a daily basis so please let me know if you run into any issues.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Great software!   So far so good on Windows 10 with no errors.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

+1 have been really enjoying using it today, thanks Brian 🙂
aspiring
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Very nice tool, in particular the control using the keyboard!!
Please implement a way to ignore folders, all my projects contains an "out" folder that has files not supposed to go to the deployment zip
Also:

• The output folder should be by project, 

• Name the zip file with the folder name
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Hi Brian, 2 additional feature requests if possible:
* screenshot button
* ability to hit up/down in debugger to cycle through recent console commands
aspiring
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

Thanks for the feedback!

> marcelo.cabral

I will add a way for the user to define files and folders to exclude.  Don't worry about your out folder or any hidden files as I'm already excluding those.  Also, my tool builds and deploys in memory so I don't use the out folder or any other folders during this process.  If someone wants to create a zip then they use the create zip feature.  I appreciate the feedback.

> joetesta

Your two requests are on my features to add list already but I will bump them up on the to do list  🙂 🙂   Thanks for the feedback..

Thanks!
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"brianstegman" wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

> marcelo.cabral

I will add a way for the user to define files and folders to exclude.  Don't worry about your out folder or any hidden files as I'm already excluding those.  Also, my tool builds and deploys in memory so I don't use the out folder or any other folders during this process.  If someone wants to create a zip then they use the create zip feature.  I appreciate the feedback.

> joetesta

Your two requests are on my features to add list already but I will bump them up on the to do list  🙂 🙂   Thanks for the feedback..

Thanks!

In my tests the zip files included the out folder.
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

Thanks marcelo.cabral .. I will take a look. I know the code is there 🙂
0 Kudos