Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BTVegas
Visitor

Forum Rules?

I posted an hour ago with a link to a very well produced video explaining our roku channel and now the post is gone. No e-mail explaining -why- it disappeared, no edit note from a moderator, etc.

As the video would be fine on YouTube, I'm not quite sure what merited the post being erased. I was looking for honest feedback.

Could someone elaborate the -linking- rules?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
KennyJ
Roku Guru

Re: Forum Rules?

I don't know.. but I saw your post and was sorry I clicked the link. 🙂
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

This forum is dedicated to Developer issues and Roku SDK usage. Anything else is inappropriate.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
BTVegas
Visitor

"KennyJ" wrote:

Seriously? It starts goofy, like an Enzyte commercial, but it quickly goes on to explain the channel's functions and how the Roku works.

Did you watch the whole thing, though? (That's the real test of if you were sorry 😉 )
0 Kudos
BTVegas
Visitor

"RokuKevin" wrote:
This forum is dedicated to Developer issues and Roku SDK usage. Anything else is inappropriate.

--Kevin

I think getting people to purchase a Roku is a Developer issue. We had major issues finding someone to program the Roku, finally got everything working, and now face the hurdle of getting people to understand what the Roku is. I'm sure other developers are in similar situations and the video helps explain how everything works -and- it shows that we've implemented a user-selected option for a PIN requirement for the channel (a feature other developers might want to implement).

I guess I'm just more broad minded than most.
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

"BTVegas" wrote:
"KennyJ" wrote:

Seriously? It starts goofy, like an Enzyte commercial, but it quickly goes on to explain the channel's functions and how the Roku works.

Did you watch the whole thing, though? (That's the real test of if you were sorry 😉 )

When I first saw the blurred guy on guy stuff, I quickly closed my browser. Not only am I not interested in seeing that, I'm pretty sure it is NSFW.
0 Kudos
BTVegas
Visitor

"KennyJ" wrote:
When I first saw the blurred guy on guy stuff, I quickly closed my browser. Not only am I not interested in seeing that, I'm pretty sure it is NSFW.

The original link said "relativelySFW"
Guess it just depends on the workplace, but it was blurred (like you said) and it is tagged in the HTML if workplace filter software is installed. No subvertive attempt was being made.

I guess I've just seen what's out there, even compared to the video on the main Roku.com page, and we've put together a well-produced video on it. Just thought some of the developers would appreciate that, but now I'm wondering why I even bothered posting.

On that note, if there's one thing at which these forums excel, it's imparting a feeling of unwelcomeness. Someone at the corporate level should think about that.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Sorry if we made you feel unwelcome. These forums serve a wide variety of users and developers and the definition of SFW varies widely. This forum is primarily about the process of actually developing channels. We're glad you're enthusiastic about delivering your content through our platform and it's just the thing that private channels are perfect for. For what it's worth, the video was very well produced and from what I saw in the linked video, the channel is very well executed and has some interesting features, like the PIN locking.
If you'd like to elaborate on some of the functionality you've implemented, please do -- many could benefit for your experience. Regarding the video appearing on YouTube, I suspect if it were on YouTube, it would be behind an 18+ login.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss further.
0 Kudos