Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amygo
Visitor

FRUSTRATED: Roku developer mode went away on my Ultra

I was in the middle of having fun with programming bright script and without any warning my developer mode got disabled.  Is this normal?  It is very frustrating.  Is there a way to get it back?  Currently all my ports 80 through 80nn are all disabled.  If Roku is deliberately doing this, then it is a terrible way to do business.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: FRUSTRATED: Roku developer mode went away on my Ultra

Roku will disable developer mode on a box that has something installed that it shouldn't. 
If that's not your case, contact them and they'll straighten it out.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Sometimes with an updated firmware push, developer mode is disabled - so you have to re-enable it by pressing the remote key sequence.  Or perhaps the IP changed?
Anyway, those are the three reasons this would happen.
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

https://developer.roku.com/developer

Doesn't matter if you have never created an app before or if you know how to use "genkey" to generate a developer ID. If you can login and visit this URL you are not blocked.
0 Kudos
amygo
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
Sometimes with an updated firmware push, developer mode is disabled - so you have to re-enable it by pressing the remote key sequence.  Or perhaps the IP changed?
Anyway, those are the three reasons this would happen.

The developer mode is still active as I can use https://developer.roku.com/developer[/url:vbl794iv] without an issue.  It's only port 80 on the Roku...
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

No, you're conflating the two possible issues. Being able to access that page means Roku has not blocked you and disabled the box from their end.
Developer mode is turned on in the box itself.  Sounds like a router issue.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos