Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudo97
Visitor

Execution timeouts

On 7.6 the app used to work perfectly. But after 7.7 release, we get execution timeout when we set video.control to some value or set audio/subtitle track(and sometimes it even doesn't go to debug mode in the console, Roku just starts rebooting)

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
sudo97
Visitor

Re: Execution timeouts

Still no ideas, hope someone knows the solution
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Can you show a minimal code example of that happening?
Your question is not very informative as is - but i can re-state warning given before - do not block the render thread (i would say no more than 1 sec) or it will be killed. Things that take long time - do them in main() or in Task thread
0 Kudos
abhishek
Channel Surfer

"RokuNB" wrote:
Can you show a minimal code example of that happening?
Your question is not very informative as is - but i can re-state warning given before - do not block the render thread (i would say no more than 1 sec) or it will be killed. Things that take long time - do them in main() or in Task thread

What should be the ideal approach in case we need to render a lot of nodes at the same time ( which might take more than 4-5 seconds)?
e.g. Need to render more than 400 nodes including images at the same time and then do show/hide the nodes as per the user events.
0 Kudos