Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnary
Streaming Star

Error Code 30-00d1dab1

I have a viewer with a Roku SE who tells me that he can no longer watch my channel, as he continues to encounter this error code. When I do a Google search for the code, nothing comes back. Has anyone else gotten this error code? What does it mean? Thanks in advance.

John
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Error Code 30-00d1dab1

Is this error code being displayed by your channel? If so, where are you getting it from? It's not a Roku code; maybe it's coming from one of your servers?

--Mark
0 Kudos
johnary
Streaming Star

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
Is this error code being displayed by your channel? If so, where are you getting it from? It's not a Roku code; maybe it's coming from one of your servers?

--Mark

Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen the code myself. A viewer continues to tell me that he can't watch the channel, even though I have heard no other complaints from other viewers about the code and my viewing numbers haven't dipped since he sent in his first message about the error. Glad to know that it's not necessarily a Roku problem. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

@johnary -
the good news is that you are in touch with the user whose player has the issue. Ask them to take a photo of the TV screen with the error and email it back to you. "A picture is worth 1k words" 🙂
0 Kudos
johnary
Streaming Star

Sounds like it's a slow internet connection causing problems for the viewer on his end. Thanks for all of the help.
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

That's an Instant TV Channel error code. The first 2 digits identify the error, the last 8 characters are the channel ID. If the "30-" error is occurring on a single device it usually indicates a network problem. If it occurs on all devices it usually indicates a problem with the channel's S3 configuration bucket, for example a missing or altered file.

If you need any additional information about this please email me at scott at InstantTvChannel dot com.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos