Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pt1
Visitor

Re: Eclipse plugin for Brightscript

Answers are below...

Which operating system are you running?
A. Windows XP

Which eclipse base package did you install?
A. Classic

What version of java do you have installed?
A. 1.5.0_05
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"pt1" wrote:
Answers are below...

Which operating system are you running?
A. Windows XP

Which eclipse base package did you install?
A. Classic

What version of java do you have installed?
A. 1.5.0_05

There's your problem...
The plugin requires Java 1.6.

Cheers
0 Kudos
pt1
Visitor

WORKING!
Thanks again for your help... the upgrade to Java 6 did it...
0 Kudos
KeelinJ
Visitor

"malloys" wrote:
As requested...

A new version of the beta plugin has been posted.
This is exactly the same as the old beta plugin, just with a new time-out of 7/4/11.
All prior statements of functionality and platform support/testing still stand.
The plugin update site is still: http://www.domhain.com/eclipse/updates

Cheers

Is there a newer version of the plugin that I can use since it is now past 7/4/11 and the old one has timed out?

I'm currently developing a channel, and this tool is simply invaluable to me. I appreciate all the hard work it takes to maintain.

Thanks,
-Keelin
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

Diddo...
I just figured out how to fix a critical piece of code... now I just gotta translate it into brightscript... and it's harder without the plugin.
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

Understood - and sorry for the inconvenience.
We had hoped to have the new version well in advance of the time-out, but it didn't work out that way.
For what it's worth, the new version has no time-out, and there's no plans to have one in the plugin going forward.

So, hang on for just a little longer - the new beta release is coming very soon, in at most ... dare I say it... days? This time under the Roku banner.
We're down to the typical software release-related details (docs and legal), so no exact time promised... but we are close.
0 Kudos
KeelinJ
Visitor

Thank you malloys, I appreciate the update. I will be eagerly awaiting the new release! Keep up the good work! 🙂

-Keelin
0 Kudos
ceyhunhan
Visitor

Looking forward too...

Regards,
Ceyhun
0 Kudos
brocker
Visitor

Hey All,

I'm suddenly getting this error when opening a BrightScript project in Eclipse "Could not open the editor: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-arg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml." This was working as of last week when I last used Eclipse with the BrightScript plugin.

I have two machines, one is a Mac, the other a PC, and both are throwing this error. Initial searches say to check the Java version, and I'm on 1.6 on both machines, which was the approved version. I uninstalled the BrightScript plugin and re-installed to no avail.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Bud
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"brocker" wrote:
Hey All,

I'm suddenly getting this error when opening a BrightScript project in Eclipse "Could not open the editor: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-arg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml." This was working as of last week when I last used Eclipse with the BrightScript plugin.

I have two machines, one is a Mac, the other a PC, and both are throwing this error. Initial searches say to check the Java version, and I'm on 1.6 on both machines, which was the approved version. I uninstalled the BrightScript plugin and re-installed to no avail.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Bud

The plugin timed-out on July 4th.
When ready, the new version will be made available by Roku (they own the plugin now).
As of last week, my contacts at Roku informed me that they're waiting on Roku's legal team for license text to go with the new version.
FWIW, the new version, when finally released, will not have a time-out.

Cheers
0 Kudos