Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudioc
Visitor

Eclipse + brightscript plugin output won't install to Roku

I recently installed Eclipse Juno and added the brightscript plugin. i can manually write my app fine, but when i attempt to package etc, even installing to the roku inside eclipse doesn't show up on the roku. but i take the same app manually and i'm able to just make a zip of the contents and upload it in browser to roku and it shows up fine, packages fine etc. i saw that hidden object check box and i made sure i didn't accidentally tick it. i'm just not seeing a valid reason why it works 1 way and not the other.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
malloys
Visitor

Re: Eclipse + brightscript plugin output won't install to Ro

"claudioc" wrote:
I recently installed Eclipse Juno and added the brightscript plugin. i can manually write my app fine, but when i attempt to package etc, even installing to the roku inside eclipse doesn't show up on the roku. but i take the same app manually and i'm able to just make a zip of the contents and upload it in browser to roku and it shows up fine, packages fine etc. i saw that hidden object check box and i made sure i didn't accidentally tick it. i'm just not seeing a valid reason why it works 1 way and not the other.

There's a known eclipse plugin bug involving packaging and some of the more recent versions of the firmware. This should be corrected in an upcoming plugin release.
Until then, if you only need to run your channel project via side-loading, be sure to uncheck the package checkbox in the deployment/export wizard (and then manually package when preparing for publishing).

Cheers
0 Kudos