Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebooks on Roku channel

This weekend I was thinking about books and ebooks and had the idea of putting ebooks on a Roku channel. I did a few experiments with scanned PDF files on the television. I actually kind of liked it! HD televisions are pretty high-resolution these days, so you can actually read text. Then I asked my wife, and she HATED it.

What do you think? Would reading ebooks on the television be hideous or fabulous? What about a combination of text and voice-over reading?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Ebooks on Roku channel

There was some discussion of it a couple of years ago, but the thread went south really quickly: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=34213
I think it would lend itself more to digital comics than general e-books (also discussed previously: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25214), but it seems there's at least some level of interest.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos

Re: Ebooks on Roku channel

Thanks for the links, some interesting discussions. I like the idea of comic books on TV, that could look nice.
0 Kudos