Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanWhitehead
Level 7

Ebooks on Roku channel

This weekend I was thinking about books and ebooks and had the idea of putting ebooks on a Roku channel. I did a few experiments with scanned PDF files on the television. I actually kind of liked it! HD televisions are pretty high-resolution these days, so you can actually read text. Then I asked my wife, and she HATED it.

What do you think? Would reading ebooks on the television be hideous or fabulous? What about a combination of text and voice-over reading?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
TheEndless
Level 10

Re: Ebooks on Roku channel

There was some discussion of it a couple of years ago, but the thread went south really quickly: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=34213
I think it would lend itself more to digital comics than general e-books (also discussed previously: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25214), but it seems there's at least some level of interest.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
NathanWhitehead
Level 7

Re: Ebooks on Roku channel

Thanks for the links, some interesting discussions. I like the idea of comic books on TV, that could look nice.
0 Kudos