Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirmeili
Visitor

ECP request: return search results

Would it be possible if Roku could return the search results instead of just displaying them on-screen?

I can see many great uses for this. For instance phone apps would have the ability yo to search on a Roku, display the results directly on the phone and then using deep linking allow the user to open the content. This could be useful for looking for content to watch next while still watching something uninterrupted on the tv.

For my use in my HomeSeer plugin, I could tie it into the voice recognition system and search by voice and have the system itself walk me through choosing a result.

I would imagine that the results could be returned in either xml or json. It could use the existing search API by adding a tag for returning results instead of opening the search screen.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sirmeili
Visitor

Re: ECP request: return search results

Just bumping this up. I think this could add a lot of great integrations for Roku.
0 Kudos