Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balbant
Streaming Star

Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

Jump to solution

Hi, During resubmit channel, then I received an error message "Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package". How can resolve this error? Please suggest.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
g-se
Streaming Star

Re: Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

Jump to solution

You should still be able to submit the channel, even with the error.

I had that issue a while back, contacted support, and they said that the submission would still go through. That was in September 2019. Be sure to save your credentials this time though.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

Jump to solution

I think that happens when you package with a device that has been rekeyed to a different developer ID/password.  You need to rekey your device using an old package and the appropriate password.  If you didn't save an old package you can always download it from the developer portal.  If you didn't save the password you used previously then I think it's a lost cause.  You'll have to contact partnersuccess@roku.com and ask for help.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
g-se
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You should still be able to submit the channel, even with the error.

I had that issue a while back, contacted support, and they said that the submission would still go through. That was in September 2019. Be sure to save your credentials this time though.

joetesta
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you have stored data in the registry (device persistent storage), it will be inaccessible to the new app signed with the new key.

Assuming that's an issue for you, you'll want to download your old package and rekey your roku. 
https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/publishing/packaging-channels.md#rekeying

aspiring
balbant
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
Yes, Submitted the pkg even this issue and contact with the partnersuccess@roku.com, they by pass this issue for this submission and published the channel. Thank you.
0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've received the same error from Roku.

"errors": {

"channelStore": [

"Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package. [Cert Requirements: 4.1]."

}

I'm not clear about this error. Because I added package first time and My first version with the developer SDK. Previously My channel Published with Direct Publisher. 

In which cases? I will receive this "channelStore" error?

1. I do changes in my channel and every time I create a package using "genkey" command before publishing. I tried with the same dev id But It's giving an error java.io.IOException Unabled to installed. Every time required to generates a package with a different developer Id. right? 
  2. The first time I click the analysis button with one package and again I upload a second package and click analysis.

I check in the Application packager. It's shows like below.

Currently Packaged Application:

Application is not yet packaged

I tried with "rekey". But, I forget the password my old password. Does anyone know How to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You only run genkey once.  You should save that password.  You'll need it every time you package your channel.  I don't know how to fix your problem or if it's even possible if you haven't saved the password.  If it is possible it will require someone from Roku to do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

First I enter "genkey" command on putty software. here I found dev id and password.

First, I enter both dev id and password in eclipse -> Brightscript Application deployment and select tik mark on create a package file and click on the finish button. package file stored in "Out" Folder.

Second I enter the App Name/version name and password(using the same "genkey" command) Is displayed the following image in the Application packager.

packagefile.PNG

package file Display like below.

ABC.pkg
package file (2419776 bytes)

Here I found both different package files. 

1. Available on Application Packager
  2. Available on "Out" Folder

Which package file I should upload in channel publishing time?

One thing I don't understand. this is my first version with the developer SDK. and Before, my application published with a direct publisher. So, dev id is not required. Now I simply convert with the Developer SDK.

My none of the channel published with package file before. So, It should be taken package generated with whatever "dev id" and "pass". right?

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

First I generate the dev id and password using the "genkey" command.

First I created a package using dev id and pass(using Eclipse). My package file store in the "out" folder.

Second same password I enter in the application packager. It shows like below.

packagefile.PNG

Here both package files are totally different. 

1. Available on the "out" folder.
  2. Available on the "application packager"

ABC.pkg

package file (2419776 bytes)

which package file should I upload in channel publishing? (Currently, I upload a package which is available on Out folder.)

One thing I don't understand. this is my first version with the developer SDK. and Before, my application published with a direct publisher. So, dev id is not required. Now I simply convert with the Developer SDK.

Before, I didn't publish any version with the SDK channel. So, Why It's giving error. It's should be taken any package with any dev id and password. right? 

0 Kudos
sandeepthakur
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am also getting same error. I don't have old developer id and password which was used for packaging. Can some one help me to resolve this error.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos