Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asenthil
Visitor

Cookies - GetResponseHeaders method - roUrl event

Hi,

I am developing a ROKU application which needs to logon to a remote server and extract feeds. I am aware that ROKU does not support Cookies and so gotta make do with "Set-Cookie" and "Cookie" headers. The issue I am facing right now is that the response sent by the remote server on a successful login has several "Set-Cookie" name-value pairs (all of which need to be sent as "Cookie" name-value pairs for further communication with the server) and the "GetResponseHeaders" method associated with "roUrlEvent" returns a "roAssociativeArray" which cannot hold duplicate values (according to the latest BrightScript Reference Manual). Ultimately, I am able to retrieve only one of these essential name-value pairs which is insufficient for further communication with the server. It seems to be appropriate for the method to return a "roArray" so that we get all the essential fields from the response headers. I am not sure if we are missing out on something here or the method signature needs to be changed. Please advise. Thank you.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Cookies - GetResponseHeaders method - roUrl event

There is not currently a way to get duplicate headers, or multiple 'Set-Cookie' headers.... We have added a way to do this in an upcoming release.

--Kevin
0 Kudos

What would be the expected ETA on a new release?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Is there any way to get the raw headers, so I can parse them myself? I'm in a bit of a pickle if there's no way to capture all of the set-cookie headers...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

There is no way to get the raw headers and parse them yourself. If you'd like to sign up for the beta program, you can get access to a build that has the new method in the roUrlEvent object:

GetResponseHeadersArray().

It returns an array of associative arrays. Each AA contains a single header name/value pair.

Beta program signup:
http://surveyanalytics.com/t/AEJgCZHuSy

--Kevin
0 Kudos
mainmanc
Visitor

Looking for the same functionality. Would love to get on board with the beta. Request submitted. 🙂

Cheers.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

mainmanc,

Did you sign up using the link below? This beta is open to anyone who agrees to the terms through the signup link.

Beta program signup:
http://surveyanalytics.com/t/AEJgCZHuSy

--Kevin
0 Kudos
mainmanc
Visitor

Hi Kevin,

Yes I did. Perhaps I should try again?

Cheers.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

I signed up through the same link last week and haven't heard anything. Should we expect to receive an email or something?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Sorry, that link is for signing up for the end-user beta pool and doesn't guarantee that you'll get the beta. We'll shortly be soliciting our developer community for a developer-targeted beta program. Please sit tight.

Patrick
0 Kudos