Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Convert to Channel Store

I have an existing channel with paid subscribers. How do I convert them over to Roku's payment system without charging them again ?
Is there a way to tell Roku that they have already paid ?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
StevenEsq2
Visitor

Re: Convert to Channel Store

Hello: We are looking for someone to set up a subscription system for a private channel.  Would you care to share the person who set that up for you?
Thank you.  Cheers,
Steven
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Greubel, the only from-the-hip idea I have is that you would stop the billing for your existing subscribers, and then set up a roku subscription item with a free 30-day trial period that they would then sign up for to switch over with.  It might be the easiest practical solution, and the options are currently available to set that up.
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Yes, but how do you NOT charge for existing customers ? The channel was a one time purchase.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Visitor

"greubel" wrote:
Yes, but how do you NOT charge for existing customers ? The channel was a one time purchase.

Issue service credits to your channel's pool of customer ids; or on the new channel to your old channel's pool of customer ids. I believe that you should contact the partner program on the latter as you may need regenerated customer ids. There should be an email somewhere for the partner program on the Roku website.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"greubel" wrote:

If it is a one time purchase then it isn't a subscription, so that is a bit different isn't it?
Maybe the easiest way would be to simply add the existing owners of your existing channel to the 'test users' list for the channel in the roku dashboard.  That way they will have permanent free access without needing roku to get involved.
0 Kudos