Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

Channel submission/update issue

alright -- maybe it's due to high traffic today? I don't know. When I go to add a new public channel, I fill out the forms as usual, fill in the support info - I rechecked all graphics sizes in the channel and on the submission page, and I upload the pkg.
It says the package was uploaded successfully and it gives me a code, but I don't click publish as it's beta and I don't want roku reviewing it and kicking it back to me yet as it's incomplete.

On my own personal dev account this works, I can 'add channel' with the code, it downloads the roku box, and runs fine.
On the company dev account, it keeps saying the channel code is not a valid channel and it won't load it. Or if I'm replacing a package, it loads the previously available package rather than the one I just uploaded.

Can anyone there take a look at our company account and see if it can be fixed please?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel submission/update issue

OK, now the channel loaded (the new pkg) -- but for some users our install code page can't be entered as the page won't load on the roku site.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

There is a delay on updating a channel or adding a channel to the channel store, and that code being available. I don't have the exact timeframe, it might vary, but that is this.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
There is a delay on updating a channel or adding a channel to the channel store, and that code being available. I don't have the exact timeframe, it might vary, but that is this.

You mean whatever you observed was related to publishing/replication delay? I have observed delay in publishing (which is to be expected) of something like an hour or two. I don't quite understand how that may cause code temporarily working on one account but not another though
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Yeah I don't get it either - chalk it up to an anomaly.
0 Kudos