Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelvis2000
Visitor

Channel in testing phase but says free?

I have my channel which is a instructional channel in the testing phase.
When I look at my channel details I see this:
Parental Hint All Ages
Additional Requirements Additional Fees May Apply
Purchase Type* None (Free)
Price Tier* Price Tier 0
United States: 0.00 USD

I want this to be a paid channel, how do I make the transition to paid
or do I have to start the submission process over again?
Thanks for your help,
Kevin
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Channel in testing phase but says free?

That's outside the bundle submission screen, so make the desired change to the properties (the price tier) and then email your contact at the Co. (or developer @) about what was changed, so they can review and push as needed. I also think they can change the price tier later by email request (sadly, not a self-service like in the other AppStores).

Btw, check your distribution area too - for some reason (probably just me) i had only US but wanted to include all regions. I also lacked any keywords, things (my thanks go to) RokuJoel spotted and flagged me about.
0 Kudos
kelvis2000
Visitor

Thank You En Terr, I have done all myself. I just went to .../properties
and all I see is a pulldown for additional requirements which I have set to "Additional Fees may apply"

I am using Safari as a Browser should I be seeing additional options under additional requirements ?
Thanks so much for your help.
I do not see a price tier on this page
Kevin
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Your developer account has not been enabled for billing, I see it listed as pending. Until it's approved you won't have the option of setting a price. Did you submit your W9 or other supporting documentation after completing the clickthrough?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

That's not the right screen, go to "Pricing" screen and re-price there. The "additional fees may apply" is different - i think it is to indicate there will be in-app purchases (which is more complicated to do than upfront price).

PS. ah - i see RokuChris just nailed what your problem was, above. I guess you don't see "Pricing" tab till account is blessed for billing.
0 Kudos
kelvis2000
Visitor

"RokuChris" wrote:
Your developer account has not been enabled for billing, I see it listed as pending. Until it's approved you won't have the option of setting a price. Did you submit your W9 or other supporting documentation after completing the clickthrough?

Thanks so much RokuChris, I did not submit a W9 and presently I see this
On the developer landing page (I can not find the location to input all the
information like W9's ).

My Developer Account
Kevin Duggan - Edit
Roku Billing Services enrollment initiated

I click on the Sell your channel option below

Developer Resources
Roku Channel Developer Agreement
Roku Billing Services Agreement
Sell your channel! - Roku Billing Services

Which brings me here and when I click on enroll
it brings me back to the Developer landing page
where I started?:

Sell in the Channel Store
Enroll in Roku Billing Services
By enrolling in Roku's ........ Roku manages all the customer billing and payment processing.
Customers can purchase your channel with a simple click of their remote!

Enroll in Roku's Billing Services Program >

Enroll in Roku's Developer Program >

Any idea what I am doing wrong please?
I just can not figure out what I am doing wrong here?

I will be doing the resurrection shuffle if I can get this straightened out.

Thanks

Kevin
0 Kudos
kelvis2000
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:
That's not the right screen, go to "Pricing" screen and re-price there. The "additional fees may apply" is different - i think it is to indicate there will be in-app purchases (which is more complicated to do than upfront price).

PS. ah - i see RokuChris just nailed what your problem was, above. I guess you don't see "Pricing" tab till account is blessed for billing.

Thank you EnTerr! I started this process maybe 6 months ago and must have
started the billing process but never finished and now the problem I am having
is finding where I left off? I did not submit a W9, what I am wondering
is if not completing the billing process the first time created a problem
and maybe I need to start the complete process over?
Thanks for your help!

Kevin
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"kelvis2000" wrote:
Thank you EnTerr! I started this process maybe 6 months ago and must have started the billing process but never finished and now the problem I am having
is finding where I left off? I did not submit a W9, what I am wondering is if not completing the billing process the first time created a problemand maybe I need to start the complete process over?

No, i don't think there is any problem, you are just in a limbo state regarding the billing status. Just find the email from enrollment@ and email back the appropriate form, when someone reviews it, they will click the appropriate checkbox and the billing page will "magically" show up for you.
0 Kudos
kelvis2000
Visitor

No, i don't think there is any problem, you are just in a limbo state regarding the billing status. Just find the email from enrollment@ and email back the appropriate form, when someone reviews it, they will click the appropriate checkbox and the billing page will "magically" show up for you.

Thanks for your help, I just looked through my old
emails and there is no enrollment@roku.com
what do you think is the best way for initiating this process again?
Should I just send a email to enrollment?
Thanks
Kevin
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"kelvis2000" wrote:
Thanks for your help, I just looked through my old emails and there is no enrollment@roku.com what do you think is the best way for initiating this process again? Should I just send a email to enrollment?

That sounds like a good idea! CC: billing@

Maybe you received that email and lost it (otherwise how'd you know what form they ask? - i think it was only there). In any event this is a shortcoming of their current system - let's hope they'll notice this thread and fix it. The point being "what if that email was never received, how do i re-request billing?". Fixing is as easy as allowing one to keep clicking repeatedly that link and getting new email each time 😛
0 Kudos