Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossoneri
Binge Watcher

Channel entry point is missing certification issue?

I'm currently receiving the following error when attempting to upload my screensaver:

Channel type is channel but channel entry point is missing.

Again, this is a screensaver and the entry point "Sub RunScreenSaver()" exists.  This has always been an error that appeared in the static analysis but previously I would just publish anyway.  Now that the publishing process has been updated such that any errors prevent publishing, I obviously need to address this "error" in order to publish an update to my screensaver.  

Unfortunately this is an extraordinarily vague error message so I really have no idea where to go from here.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

EDIT: Per this documentation https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/media-playback/screensavers.md RunScreenSaver() is the only entry point required for a screensaver. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel entry point is missing certification issue?

In the Channel Store Info there's a place to enter the category as Screensavers, but I haven't seen anything anywhere else. The only other thing to check would be what's in the manifest.  It's been a while since I published a screensaver, but looking at an old screensaver all I have that would apply is

screensaver_title=Screensaver Title
screensaver_private=0

So if you've already set all that, it wouldn't surprise me at all that their static analysis is flawed.  I'm more surprised these days when they get something right. 

Add

Sub RunUserInterface()
End Sub

somewhere in your code and see if it gets past the static analysis.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rossoneri
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel entry point is missing certification issue?

Thanks for the reply, those fields in the manifest were already set.  An empty Main() or an empty RunUserInterface() seem to get it through the static analysis.  Thanks!

0 Kudos