Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adjames
Visitor

Channel Not Syncing

I used some of the example code just with my stream to test the private channel and roku. However, when i click on the channels on the roku box it says "syncing" and then says "(Channel Name) is not available for download and siplay at this time. We will attempt to add this channel later when your player synchronizes with your roku account".

I have 4 channels under my channels, have waited over night for this to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Channel Not Syncing

You probably have a channel that does not compile or run properly....

Before trying the upload your channel to the channel store and loading it by synchronizing channels, you should put your box in development mode and work out all the kinks. Once you've got your channel thoroughly tested, you can then package it and upload to the channel store.

When the box is in development mode, you can telnet to port 8085 to see any compile or runtime errors.

Please see the developer guide for getting you box in developer mode and the channel packaging and publishing guide for information on packaging your channel for the channel store.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
supersecretuser
Channel Surfer

Kevin, I see this as well. Currently the "Break" channel refuses to sync to my device (so I guess that would kill the malformed channel code theory). I can reproduce with any channel in the channel store however. 2.6 build 677
0 Kudos
supersecretuser
Channel Surfer

Kevin,

What is the behavior of the box if it were to run out of local storage for channels? I ask because removing several channels (and I have 50-60 installed any any given time) allows the one that refuses to sync to be installed.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"supersecretusername" wrote:
Kevin,

What is the behavior of the box if it were to run out of local storage for channels? I ask because removing several channels (and I have 50-60 installed any any given time) allows the one that refuses to sync to be installed.

That's about what you'd expect to happen when reaching the limit. We're working on a solution, but 50-60 is definitely over the realistic limit, currently.
0 Kudos