Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franklinf
Visitor

Changing price Tier??

I changed the price tier of my paid channel (monthly charge to access) about 2 weeks ago

when no changes took effect immediately
I figured the changes might take effect at the beginning of the month
but - the beginning of the month came and no changes are showing

on the dev site website
the channel is showing the old pricing tier
but in the pricing - channel details- it is showing that the new pricing tier is saved
(its just not being applied tot he channel)

where can I get help with this issue?

thank you
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Re: Changing price Tier??

I've noticed that modifying values in the Roku dev portal for products are either delayed or never change. For example, changing the display name of a product doesn't even save in the dashboard. I have successfully changed price tier for a product, but it was definitely not instant. I actually gave up and noticed the following week that the price had finally changed.

It would be awesome if the behavior was documented.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Changing any property of the channel on the developer portal will not take effect until we publish those changes manually. Please email developer at roku.com when you make an update and be sure to tell us what you are changing and we can publish it.

Further, raising the price of your channel will only affect new users, existing users will continue to get the old rate. Lowering the price should lower it for all on the next renewal.

- Joel
0 Kudos
franklinf
Visitor

thank you for the reply

I will send an email now.
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Are there any good strategies for raising the price tier for everyone? Would I have to just remove the product entirely (thus hopefully ending every customer's subscription) and create a new one?
0 Kudos