Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Case-insensitivity for roSgNode components - please!

I just wasted couple of hours of my life troubleshooting something i shouldn't have to - getting a weird error:
BrightScript Debugger> o = createObject("rosgnode", "rectangle")
BRIGHTSCRIPT: ERROR: roSGNode: Failed to create roSGNode with type rectangle

Worth noting, there were Complications. I was testing thread ownership with different node types and sometimes it will work, sometimes it will hang for a while and reject, sometimes... well, somehow debugger at port 8089 went dead while 8080 was still here. Restart did not help and i tried disabling/enabling developer mode, which in turn lead to the gather it is not case-sensitive regarding node field names - so far so good, why not for class names too? Let's fix that!
Make RSG case-insensitive re node class names, just like the rest of Roku API!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Case-insensitivity for roSgNode components - please!

Can somebody from RokuCo kindly reply to this?

While i prefer and am lobbying to have RSG class names case-insensitive, i would like to know if there are hard feelings by the Co in the opposite direction. If so, i have ideas of making lemonade out of a lemon by using lowercase names in a wrapper library of mine (i.e. <component name="scene" extends ="Scene"> and such).

Is case-sensitivity set in stone or subject to debate? 
0 Kudos