Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manvendra
Streaming Star

Can we buy 2 monthly subscriptions from 2 different product groups?

https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/roku-pay/quickstart/in-channel-products.md#a...

As per this documentation, we can have 2 monthly subscriptions(with some difference) in 2 separate product groups.

My question, can we have both of them active at the same time in channel? Also, how to do that?
Please let me know, if i need to explain more here.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can we buy 2 monthly subscriptions from 2 different product groups?

Most subscriptions are tied to some form of login or email. You would need to log out and back in to switch on the same device. And it would have to be direct from the service and not a through-Roku subscription.

0 Kudos
Manvendra
Streaming Star

@andyross You mean to say, we cannot have two different subscriptions(from two different product groups) active at the same time on Roku device with same login?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. The Roku itself has a master account login which is used to maintain channels and optionally used for 3rd party subscription (not recommended.) Each channel can have it's own login and subscription independent of Roku. For most channels, you do NOT need to subscribe through Roku, but can subscribe directly with them, although it may require going online with a phone/computer to set up the account.

0 Kudos
Manvendra
Streaming Star

@andyross I think, there is some gap in our understanding of the problem. Let me explain once more.
I create 2 subscription groups:
Group1 [Annual - $10, Monthly - $1]
Group2 [Annual - $20, Monthly - $2]

So my question here is: Can we buy and keep both(monthly from each group) monthly subscription active in app simultaneously.

or there will be just 1 active subscription in app, irrespective of subscription groups.

cc @RokuKariza-D 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Again, this is more of a question that belongs in the developer groups. These are the forums for end users.

0 Kudos