Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmarsden
Level 7

CC icon for SpringboardScreen

I tried searching around the Content Metadata but haven't seen anything specific. Something like "HDBranded" but for closed captioning to get the "CC" icon. Did I overlook something?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: CC icon for SpringboardScreen

"johnmarsden" wrote:
I tried searching around the Content Metadata but haven't seen anything specific. Something like "HDBranded" but for closed captioning to get the "CC" icon. Did I overlook something?


It should be "ClosedCaptions", but I don't see it documented either. I'll follow up to see whether this is a documentation omission or whether it is unsupported for some reason.
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Re: CC icon for SpringboardScreen

contentItem.ClosedCaptions = True 

works even on the legacy 3.1 firmware.

I like the way the Rating, HDBranded and ClosedCaptions flags are rendered on the 3.1 firmware, each one in an inverse-video box. Is there any way to achieve the same effect on the non-legacy firmware versions?
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

Re: CC icon for SpringboardScreen

"belltown" wrote:
I like the way the Rating, HDBranded and ClosedCaptions flags are rendered on the 3.1 firmware, each one in an inverse-video box. Is there any way to achieve the same effect on the non-legacy firmware versions?

In 3.1, they used images for the icons. I suspect they switched to text to allow for localization. There's no way to get the images in post-3.1 firmware as far as I'm aware.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
johnmarsden
Level 7

Re: CC icon for SpringboardScreen

"RokuKC" wrote:
"johnmarsden" wrote:
I tried searching around the Content Metadata but haven't seen anything specific. Something like "HDBranded" but for closed captioning to get the "CC" icon. Did I overlook something?


It should be "ClosedCaptions", but I don't see it documented either. I'll follow up to see whether this is a documentation omission or whether it is unsupported for some reason.



Thanks for this. I've been searching high and low for it. It's kind of a difficult thing to search for because "CC" , "CC Icon", "Subtitle Icon".. they don't yield good results Smiley Happy
0 Kudos