Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmarsden
Visitor

CC icon for SpringboardScreen

I tried searching around the Content Metadata but haven't seen anything specific. Something like "HDBranded" but for closed captioning to get the "CC" icon. Did I overlook something?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: CC icon for SpringboardScreen

"johnmarsden" wrote:
I tried searching around the Content Metadata but haven't seen anything specific. Something like "HDBranded" but for closed captioning to get the "CC" icon. Did I overlook something?

It should be "ClosedCaptions", but I don't see it documented either. I'll follow up to see whether this is a documentation omission or whether it is unsupported for some reason.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

contentItem.ClosedCaptions = True 

works even on the legacy 3.1 firmware.

I like the way the Rating, HDBranded and ClosedCaptions flags are rendered on the 3.1 firmware, each one in an inverse-video box. Is there any way to achieve the same effect on the non-legacy firmware versions?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"belltown" wrote:
I like the way the Rating, HDBranded and ClosedCaptions flags are rendered on the 3.1 firmware, each one in an inverse-video box. Is there any way to achieve the same effect on the non-legacy firmware versions?

In 3.1, they used images for the icons. I suspect they switched to text to allow for localization. There's no way to get the images in post-3.1 firmware as far as I'm aware.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
johnmarsden
Visitor

"RokuKC" wrote:
"johnmarsden" wrote:

It should be "ClosedCaptions", but I don't see it documented either. I'll follow up to see whether this is a documentation omission or whether it is unsupported for some reason.

Thanks for this. I've been searching high and low for it. It's kind of a difficult thing to search for because "CC" , "CC Icon", "Subtitle Icon".. they don't yield good results 🙂
0 Kudos