Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjb64
Roku Guru

Re: Bugs in Roku SDK Documentation

Are the PDF's mentioned in Enterr's original post
RokuSDK/documents/*.PDF
still available somewhere for download so we have something to access when with the proxy server errors start acting up?
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the feedback. Bug reports are always appreciated. 🙂

The roAppManager documentation has been updated to list "SpringboardDirectorText" as the key for overriding the "director" label on roSpringboardScreen, as opposed to the obsolete/non-functional key "SpringboardDirectorLabel".

I think the other documentation issues listed on this page have also been at least nominally addressed, most in the past, but please continue to point out issues.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuKC" wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Bug reports are always appreciated. 🙂
I think the other documentation issues listed on this page have also been at least nominally addressed, most in the past, but please continue to point out issues.

I checked and all items in current thread have been fixed! I marked fix in the [subject]. Took on average 2 years to address after report, which is not great timing but strangely i feel some satisfaction that some progress is being made.

Re other documentation issues, see this thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=69731
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"sjb64" wrote:
Are the PDF's mentioned in Enterr's original post still available somewhere for download so we have something to access when with the proxy server errors start acting up?

No, such PDFs have not been published since 2013, when RokuCo switched to a "living document" model, which i think is for the better because documentation can be updated almost in real time (if there is a person to do it) instead of waiting for new SDK release.

It is a good question though, considering the documentation server sometimes kicks the bucket.
Luckily the Confluence wiki they use allows to export a snapshot of the documentation to a PDF!
0 Kudos
sjb64
Roku Guru

Never noticed that option, will defiantly take a look it at, just a nice backup doc to have.

Thanks
0 Kudos