Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belltown
Roku Guru

[Bug?] roPosterScreen no side episode posters in fw.7

When the roPosterScreen specifies a List Style of "flat-episodic", with both SD and HD posters defined and no episode number defined for the content, the side posters are not displayed in Version 7.0 build 9044. They do display correctly on the Version 3.1 firmware, however. I just noticed this (in my What's On Channel, and also on the Nowhere TV Channel), so I'm not sure how recently this bug was introduced.

Here's some code to reproduce the issue:

Sub Main ()
port = CreateObject ("roMessagePort")
ui = CreateObject ("roPosterScreen")
ui.SetMessagePort (port)
ui.SetListStyle ("flat-episodic")
contentList = []
For i = 0 To 6
contentList.Push ({ ShortDescriptionLine1: "Hello"
ShortDescriptionLine2: "World"
SDPosterUrl: "pkg:/images/PosterSD.jpg"
HDPosterUrl: "pkg:/images/PosterHD.jpg"
})
End For
ui.SetContentList (contentList)
ui.Show ()
While True
Wait (0, port)
End While
End Sub
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: [Bug?] roPosterScreen no side episode posters in fw.7

I believe it's a very old issue/bug. I don't remember if there's a workaround or not.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: [Bug?] roPosterScreen no side episode posters in fw.7

"renojim" wrote:
I believe it's a very old issue/bug. I don't remember if there's a workaround or not.

-JT

I see that it was reported over 5 years ago (http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?p=215410]), but I thought they fixed it, or were at least planning to (http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34462#p221207). It still works the way it's supposed to on the 3.1 firmware, and the documentation states that the side posters are supposed to display, and there are still people complaining that it's not working right. So I'm surprised they haven't got around to fixing it -- probably more urgent things to work on, like making sure the latest firmware updates play ridiculous noises every time it re-boots, because that weird animating Roku logo isn't enough to let users know that the device is actually doing something.
0 Kudos