Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polarwind

BrightSign BrightScript roAudioPlayerMx equivalent

From what I have been informed Brightsign still uses BrightScript, but it's not the same BrightScript that Roku uses. They have their similarities, but they do not have the same core components available.

I see that Brightsign has support for roAudioPlayerMx which enables audio crossfading. Their developers documentation states that "This object allows you to mix audio files. Each roAudioPlayerMx object contains two internal audio players: The main audio playlist consists of queued audio tracks that play sequentially, while the audio overlay plays files on top of the main playlist. A fade will not occur if it is called while an overlay is playing, but the next audio track will start playing as expected. "

Further it gives an example :

Example: The following example illustrates a simple crossfade between audio tracks.

a = CreateObject("roAudioPlayerMx")
track1 = CreateObject("roAssociativeArray")
track1["Filename"] = "file1.mp3"
track1["FadeInLength"] = 4000
track1["FadeOutLength"] = 4000
track1["QueueNext"] = 1
track2 = CreateObject("roAssociativeArray")
track2["Filename"] = "file2.mp3"
track2["FadeInLength"] = 4000
track2["FadeOutLength"] = 4000
track2["QueueNext"] = 1
a.PlayFile(track1)
a.PlayFile(track2)

So my question to the Roku Dev Team is : would it technically be possible to support this? And if so, what needs to be done to get it on the wish list? If not technically possible, how can this be done otherwise?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: BrightSign BrightScript roAudioPlayerMx equivalent

That's a nice wishlist item!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"polarwind" wrote:
From what I have been informed Brightsign still uses BrightScript, but it's not the same BrightScript that Roku uses. They have their similarities, but they do not have the same core components available.

I hope that does not sound too nit-picky but this is not about BrightScript, rather just about an API/component - something less fundamental.

Most Rokus support two simultaneous streams, see the (somewhat awkwardly located) ifAudioResource.MaxSimulStreams(), as well as .trigger(volume), ibid.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Yes but that is just for clips in wav format, not longer music/songs in mp3 format (IIRC)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"Komag" wrote:
That's a nice wishlist item!

I'd love to see this as well.  i have a need for it right now.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
polarwind

I hope Roku Support is listening :). Looking forward to some feedback.
0 Kudos
polarwind

Support, did you fail us ? No sign of life? Nothing? 

0 Kudos