Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
authorwjf
Visitor

Average Approval Response Time

Hello,

I realize that there can always be some variance based on backlog but I'm having trouble finding what the average approval times are for a newly submitted channel in the ROKU store? We work with some very big brands under tight timelines and we need to be able to factor in the approval times in our estimations. Often are delivery dates are tied closely to network promotions so I'd love to get an idea of min, mean, and max approval times in cases where nothing gets kicked back.

Regards!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Average Approval Response Time

I used Direct Publisher and took roughly a week, about 4-5 business days.  SDK & Scenegraph could be different, I haven't coded one. Try to get it flawless because if its rejected it'll go back into a queue and maybe take another couple days for re-approval.
0 Kudos
authorwjf
Visitor

Thanks, @pasnow. I appreciate the feedback. Currently we are using SceneGraph. Our one experience publishing an app for a brand took more than a month, but, it was over the holidays so I'm hopeful it was pretty atypical.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

If it was a Roku submission I know they were down for a conversion from about Thanksgiving to Christmas, (roughly) and I think they were admittedly backed up as a result.
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

I've been waiting over a month as well.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"adamesq" wrote:
I've been waiting over a month as well.

submit(channel)