Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Re: Audio not looping after firmware update???

Lol, I know what you mean EnTerr. Although I will say, when I emailed the channel publishing team about this they replied right away, and within a few minutes they replied with additional CC's about 4 times, apparently spreading the word of the critical problem to staff whom I don't know. From the way they acted it seemed as though it is new knowledge to them and a high priority.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"EnTerr" wrote:
"TheEndless" wrote:
"soon" with firmware updates could be weeks or even months, so you may want to look into adding your own looping functionality. It's easy enough to listen for the isFullResult() event and restart the stream.

One would think breaking a long-existing, long-documented function - that setLoop() apparently is - creates some urge to fix it.
Are app review times shorter than bugfix pushes to firmware?

Also, is isFullResult() less likely to break down than setLoop()? (I.e. what happens if next firmware fixes setLoop but breaks isFullResuit ...)

The reboot loop with 6.1 took them over a month to fix, and I suspect that was a higher priority than looping audio... 😉
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Oh dang. Didn't know about that. Either way, hopefully they will publish my fix soon.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

A fix has been checked in which should be included in an upcoming patch to 6.2. Not sure what the release date is, but near future.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Ok, thanks Joel! I've submitted an update to my channel that handles it manually, but if near future really does mean near, I'd just assume leave it and let the firmware patch fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

"Romans_I_XVI" wrote:
So I did what you said TheEndless and the looping seems even smoother than when I use the built in function lol. Thanks again.

How is it smoother?
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

It seemed to start the music again with less of a delay, but I suppose this could be other things, maybe firmware update, or even the audio file I'm using (altered the quality). This was also on a Roku 3 when I made this statement, tried it on Roku 1 and it seems more delayed if my memory serves me right.

So essentially disregard the statement. Was just a first impression on my Roku 3.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Looks like this issue just got fixed, my audio started looping this morning after an update I see happened last night. 😄
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

I noticed we had a firmware update. Glad to hear the audio looping is working again.

The package I have submitted has already gone through testing so I'm just leaving the manual handling of looping for the time being. But I'm glad this is fixed for the sake of future updates/games.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

It looks like roVideoPlayer.SetLoop() is broken now. I don't know if the latest update broke it, or if it was broken along with roAudioPlayer.SetLoop() in the previous release, but it doesn't loop automatically anymore... 😞
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos