Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Audio not looping after firmware update???

So belltown brought this to my attention, the background music in my game (Retaliate) is no longer looping on his device, I tried it on mine and he is right, Roku 3 and Roku 1 are both doing it for me too. I know that I tested this before publishing, here's my code...

this.background_music.url = "pkg:/sounds/snd_background_music.wma"
this.audioplayer.addcontent(this.background_music)
this.audioplayer.setloop(true)
this.audioplayer.play()

Can anyone who hasn't had the firmware update installed yet test to verify that it was working properly before this firmware update?

If so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do except wait for another update...
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Re: Audio not looping after firmware update???

Bug verified!

My friend had a Roku that was still on 6.1 firmware. Audio looped perfect. Then I told it to update the firmware to 6.2... no more loop :'( .

Why Roku have you betrayed me!!!

Lol, jk. Bugs happen. But the question is, do I need to do something? Or will Roku fix it in a reasonable timeframe? Will probably just contact them about the issue.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Yep. Just tried with a playlist that's been looping fine for long time. No Loop for U!
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

So your saying you verified this on another channel that loops?

If so that makes me feel better, if it effects multiple channels they should fix it soon.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Yes i tried it with a playlist and with a single file and neither loops.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Having same issue, I thought it was just me, something I did wrong!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"Romans_I_XVI" wrote:
So your saying you verified this on another channel that loops?

If so that makes me feel better, if it effects multiple channels they should fix it soon.

"soon" with firmware updates could be weeks or even months, so you may want to look into adding your own looping functionality. It's easy enough to listen for the isFullResult() event and restart the stream.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Thanks TheEndless. I will try that out this weekend. Will also see if I can get in touch with someone to determine if that's the appropriate route.
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

So I did what you said TheEndless and the looping seems even smoother than when I use the built in function lol. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"TheEndless" wrote:
"soon" with firmware updates could be weeks or even months, so you may want to look into adding your own looping functionality. It's easy enough to listen for the isFullResult() event and restart the stream.

One would think breaking a long-existing, long-documented function - that setLoop() apparently is - creates some urge to fix it.
Are app review times shorter than bugfix pushes to firmware?

Also, is isFullResult() less likely to break down than setLoop()? (I.e. what happens if next firmware fixes setLoop but breaks isFullResuit ...)
0 Kudos