Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

App is making multiple requests for the same HLS segment at once

My app plays an HLS stream. I have recently discovered that the app is requesting the same HSL segment multiple times at the same moment. That is to say, I can check logs from our from the HLS source that shows a single device making up to 5 requests to a TS file such as .../seg720p_15215.ts... at the same second in time. This seems to happen inconsistently and with multiple Roku devices.

I have checked my code and I don't see where the stream is being played more than once. I didn't even think it was possible to play more than one steam at a time. 

I think it may have something to do with it buffering/freezing and creating a new instance of the stream without closing the old one but I am not sure what to do to test this.

Does anyone know how the stream could be played and making requests multiple times simultaneously? Does anyone have any steps I could take to figure this out? Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos