Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Anyone know how to implement GetPurchases

Hello, does anyone know how to properly implement GetPurchases() as Void : https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ifChannelStore#ifChannelStore-GetPurchases()asVoid

In the SceneGraph channel? :  https://github.com/rokudev/videoplayer-channel

So that when a subscription based channel is deleted and re-installed it properly detects that there is already a valid subscription or not? Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: Anyone know how to implement GetPurchases

My personal experience with this during testing is that Roku keeps track of the subscriptions and purchases and will block the transaction from repeating if you try to make a person pay for a subscription product again.

They'll get a courtesy dialog box on their screen telling them that they've already paid for the subscription product.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Hello, the issue that is happening is that when a subscription based channel gets deleted and you try to install it again and your subscription is still valid, the channel with either do two things, 1 - say re-subscription was successful and will be on the Home screen but every time the channel is launched it will keep saying you need to subscribe again and so on or 2 - the channel will just say the channel installation failed and Roku says it must be a channel issue. So what users have done in the past is to either 1 - create a new Roku account or 2 - wait a month after the current subscription date has expired then re-subscribe.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

It sounds like a Roku issue since the payment is managed prior to channel installation and it's not dealing with in-channel services.  I'm pretty sure that GetPurchases only returns the in-channel services/products.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

okay, I'll ask them and see what they say about that. Thanks
0 Kudos