Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmarsden
Visitor

Roku dialogs are saving button presses and applying them later...

This used to happen to me with roScreen, but it's also happening to me in Scene Graph.

If I open a Roku modal, especially the purchase dialogs, it records the button presses and then fires them again after you close it. So you'll press "OK" on the dialog to close it, but it then fires that same OK event and the message system picks it up. So then I get caught in an indefinite loop. 

I've implemented a system where I ignore the next automatically delivered click event when Roku dialogs are used, but this is the hackiest thing ever. I'm really hoping this is adjustable in some way. I have a regular running loop that catches all events and basically triggers a broadcast for certain things, like "OK" press, and then pages will have an event handler. When the modals are open.. the button presses are seemingly saved up and executed once the dialog is closed. That seems like a Roku bug to me. Why would the events be handled by the dialog AND sent to the loop AFTER the dialog closure? It's essentially doubling their effect.

Tips? Thoughts?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
johnmarsden
Visitor

Re: Roku dialogs are saving button presses and applying them later...

Bump.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Can you provide a MWE (minimal working example) to repro?
please
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

In this case, wouldn't a MBE (minimal buggy example) be more useful? 🙂
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
In this case, wouldn't a MBE (minimal buggy example) be more useful? 🙂

Smiley LOL
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos