Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Another Home Media Channel

Need some kind souls to try my channel. Go to www.chaneru.com for setup procedures. The private access code is ZU8JB
I still need to come up with a setup assistant for the mac. Please let me know of any problems.
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
campbellwang
Visitor

Re: Another Home Media Channel

cool. Interesting. Will look now.
CDNOne.com | CDNTwo.com
0 Kudos
campbellwang
Visitor

How much does it cost? or will it cost?
CDNOne.com | CDNTwo.com
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

What do you think traffic would bear ? One time charge, $10 ?
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

I think $10 is bearable, but just know that you are competing with some free options right now -- so you have to make sure that you show potential payers what they are getting from your channel that they can't get from Roksbox, Sunimi, My Media, Home Media Server (bcl), etc.

If I were you, I would produce a bunch of screenshots and perhaps a video to show how your channel works.
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

I've been trying to come up with screen shots but so far they really suck. The main advantage to this channel is the tie in with iTunes and iPhoto.
0 Kudos
hammerpocket
Visitor

I haven't looked at the channel yet, but I have been waiting for a local media solution that works with iTunes and iPhoto. I have been using My Media, which I like, but I would be willing to switch to a channel that lets me see my iPhoto albums and/or events instead of me having to navigate through the library myself. The way the photos are separated into original and edited photos is the worst part - especially since every rotated photo is considered edited.

I'll check it out.
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

The channel will handle that, it looks in the modified folder and either display the original or the modified. The initial title bar allows you to pick the year and then when you drill down, it presents the events. There is a search option so you can go right to the event.
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Added a video to web page - www.chaneru.com
0 Kudos
wpbear
Visitor

Your video shows the scanning of the local network. So if there is a Network attached Storage (NAS drive) will this still require the PC server? I would pay for this solution but if i need to still run my PC then the other options out there are just as good and free.
0 Kudos