Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Amazon S3 CloudFront Access

I've set up an Amazon S3 bucket for my channel.  I then linked it to a CloudFront distribution.  I defined the distribution with secure access and added a generic user with "read" access.  The piece I'm missing is how do I specify credentials to the S3 distribution from my Roku channel?  I'm currently unable to access my channel feed, and, I'm assuming that the reason is that I need to authenticate a user as part of the process to access the video content.  Can someone point me to documentation that explains how to pass credentials to S3 from my Roku channel?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Amazon S3 CloudFront Access

I use S3/Cloudfront and there is no authentication, i just put the distribution URL in URLtransfer. Make sure that you select your files in Cloudfront and "Make Public". That screwed me up for a while until i figured it out.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Squirreltown, can you elaborate on how you specified "Make Public"?  Was that for ColudFront, S3, or, both?  What flags did you have to set?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Squirreltown, can you elaborate on how you specified "Make Public"?  Was that for CloudFront, S3, or, both?  What flags did you have to set?

It's in S3. Get down to where your folders/files have the checkbox next to them. Select the item and right-click, you'll get a menu that has "Make Public" in it. You'll get a progress bar "Making files Public" or something like that, it takes a few seconds . I would assume that making a folder "public" would apply to the enclosed items but I did the files too.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos