Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff_k9
Reel Rookie

AirPlay not working in developer mode?

Airplay had been working fine on our Roku.

Then, I enabled developer mode and installed the Hello, World app.

Now, when I try to Airplay, after selecting the Roku from the Airplay menu on the Mac, the Roku launches the hello, world app rather than opening Airplay and displaying appropriately.

Is there a solution to this that does not involve disabling developer mode?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AirPlay not working in developer mode?

What happens if you delete the "Hello, world" app from the "Development Application Installer" web page without disabling developer mode?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
thomasferraro
Binge Watcher

I have found this to be problem as well. Deleting the developer app seems to work for me. I don't have to disable developer mode. But Airplay is still flaky. I have not disabled developer mode to see if that helps, as the problems are intermittent and not sure I'd be able to narrow it down. But deleting the developer app definitely helps.

0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi all, thanks for helping us identify this issue. We believe this issue to be resolved in our staging environment, and will be publishing the fix to production soon.

0 Kudos

@RokuTomC Even after upgrading to Roku 10, the problem was never fixed

0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Krishnacore Thanks for letting me know. Allow me to sync up with the team internally and take a look. Stand by

0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I've confirmed the issue is indeed resolved and will be pushed to production with a future update to AirPlay. We're working with Apple to align on a date. I can't offer a specific timeline for that update to be published to production at this time.

0 Kudos