Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Add video to slideshow

Have taken the SDK devientArt example and pasted in the code from the SDk customvideoplayer example.
So i have a sub with a slideshow and one with a video. This works except - when the video plays the screen is black and no controls work - you can hear the audio fine.

Sub DisplaySquirrelVideoToo()

canvas = setup()
o = Setup()
o.setup()
o.paint()
o.eventloop()

End Sub

Know i'm missing one important thing about making the active screen or clearing the screen or something.
Someone point me in the right direction?
thanks
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Add video to slideshow

Update same problem - am now stuck on the Custom Video screen, says loading 0% but isnt and you can hear the right video playing in the backround
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"squirreltown" wrote:
Update same problem - am now stuck on the Custom Video screen, says loading 0% but isnt and you can hear the right video playing in the backround

OK fixed it
removed canvas = setup()

Sub DisplaySquirrelVideoToo()

o = Setup()
o.setup()
o.paint()
o.eventloop()

End Sub
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Jenny_KT

Hey I have tried both codes but video is not on slides? I am stuck in between , can you provide me another code for it?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jenny_KT, this thread is from 9 years ago and roImageCanvas was long ago deprecated.  What are you trying to do?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos