Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krh5150
Visitor

Accessing Data in GridScreen

I recently setup a grid screen for movies. Below is the process as to how they are inserted into the grid screen...

1. Within a foreach, pull the Genre title (i.e. Comedy, Mystery)
2. Search (using SOLR) the index XML for all movies under the genre title
3. Within the foreach from step 1, do another foreach for each movie
4. Pull the data for the current movie and store in an associative array
5. Push the movie (associative array) into the current row list array (standard array)
6. After all movies have been pushed into the current row list array, push the list array into the grid screen
7. Repeat for the next genre is movies exists for the next genre

My issue is that I cannot access the actual data that's stored for the movie selected in the grid screen. I know that I can obtain the row index and column index, but is there a way I can access the actual data for that movie in the grid screen to push to the movie springboard screen? Is the grid screen just a SET component with no GET methods?

Thanks,
Kevin
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: Accessing Data in GridScreen

When you populate the content, if you retain the variable used to set up the category, then you can refer to that variable/array when passing data to another screen by checking the row and column that was selected.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.