Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speechles
Roku Guru

7.5 Update borks roaudioplayer

The topic says it all. My roku ultra updated to the 7.5.x update and /stream.mp3, or stream.mp4 w/AAC, or stream.flac, etc seems to cause the roAudioPlayer to eventually stop responding. Shortly after this, the music stops completely and the roku hangs, then after a minute or so the roku ultra reboots.

I reverted to the 7.22 firmware through the secret screen update to resolve this on my roku ultra. I experience this on my roku3 too which is also on firmware 7.5.x, but it is happen all the time on the roku ultra. Has anybody else experienced this? This is a major show stopper type of bug. One that makes you want to smash the roku. Haw. firmware bugs annoy me.

But really, can this get addressed please? Thank you.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 7.5 Update borks roaudioplayer

Are you loading the ContentList with a boat-load of entries? If so, it's a known v7.5 bug. The workaround is to keep a separate list and just load one song at a time and wait for the isFullResult event to load the next song manually.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

How many are we talking about? My game uses roAudioPlayer, but lately I've only been testing with a 3-track loop, haven't had any issues like this. Is it known whether it takes 20 or 50 or 5?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

According to RokuDale, it's something like 50, but right under that post is someone that says the MainSqueeze channel doesn't like more than 15 or so songs in a playlist. I'm assuming the MainSqueeze channel just uses the playlist to create a ContentList that gets set in an roAudioPlayer. I'm guessing your 3 or so will be just fine. I can tell you from my experience that the box crashes within a few seconds of calling Play() if you have a ContentList of hundreds of items. I haven't tried to find the limit that works or doesn't and I don't know if the time it takes to crash is dependent on the number of items in the ContentList.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JohnBasedow
Visitor

How were you able to revert? I went to the secret screen, and it just "upgraded" me again to 7.5.
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

"JohnBasedow" wrote:
How were you able to revert? I went to the secret screen, and it just "upgraded" me again to 7.5.

Home:5, FF:3, RW:2

I did this immediately after the 7.5 update and I realized it borked audio, within 15 minutes.
0 Kudos
JohnBasedow
Visitor

Yea, that's the screen. It just installs 7.5 again, that stinks. Thanks for the response.
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Follow Up:

Mysteriously, this is now resolved. My ultra with firmware 7.51 build 4095 no longer suffers this problem. No mention from roku this was ever fixed. Thank you whoever fixed it. 🙂
0 Kudos