Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

2dAPI / inputcontrols

Channel is all 2d custom screens. Have a comment screen to type a comment and email. I am using the channel store "get partial info" to grab the users name and email (share/don't share). The thing is that the remote commands used on the channel store canvas - in this case "up" to select share and "OK" are being executed again once the channel store screen closes and the comment screen opens, changing the focus from where i want it. The channel store and comment screen roUniversalControlEvent are on different ports so i don't see how this is happening. Anything to do about this?

thanks
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: 2dAPI / inputcontrols

How strange. I imagine you can run a dry loop to flush all events before the main loop of the comments screen? Something like "while port.getMessage() <> invalid: end while". Or even keep flushing for certain amount of time (typed but not tested):
    clock = createObject("roTimespan")
clock.mark()
while clock.totalMilliseconds() < 100
port.getMessage()
end while

It sounds like a bug though.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Thanks EnTerr, I'll try something like that and see how it goes. I thought crossing wires on separate ports would be impossible.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Enterr thanks for the tip, I got rid of the two offending keypresses here, and handled when the store isnt used. Still strange, would like to hear from a RokuEngineer whats up with this
                clock = createObject("roTimespan")
clock.mark()
while clock.totalMilliseconds() < 500
msg = msgport.getmessage()
if type(msg) = "roUniversalControlEvent"
while clock.totalMilliseconds() < 500
msg = msgport.getmessage()
if type(msg) = "roUniversalControlEvent"
exit while
end if
end while
exit while