Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kremp
Reel Rookie

voice remote isn't working

I have restarted the Roku as directed on your site, replaced the remote batteries and made sure they worked by using them in a different device, pressed the pairing button with an object and held it for 10 seconds and nothing changes on the remote, no light anywhere. I'm able to use a phone with the Roku app so I know the Roku works.

My Roku serial number is CT391A759890.

Thanks for your assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: voice remote isn't working

Welcome to the Roku Community, @kremp!

We appreciate you reaching out. Rest assured that we will help you pair your Roku remote to your device successfully.

Before proceeding, we'd like to know the following so we can assess your concern better:

• Is this a newly purchased remote? If not, is this the remote that came with your Roku Streaming Stick? 
  • When pairing this remote on a different device, did it pair successfully? 
  • When and where did you purchase this?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kremp
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response.

1. This is the original remote.

2. The light doesn't come on and it seems nothing happens when I try to pair with any device.

3, It was purchased from Amazon 7/2021

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @kremp.

In this case, I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement and contact you privately to gather further necessary information. 

In the meantime, your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.