Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olderguy
Reel Rookie

right arrow button on new remote does not work remote useless

Bought a new ROKU 4K streaming stick and the right arrow button does not work at all. Had to take an older remote and link it to the new streaming stick in order to use it. ROKU will not respond to my many request to be sent a new remote. The remote that came with my brand new 4K streaming stick may be junk but the customer service is worse since there isn't any. Neither the remote or the customer service function.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
LazG

Re: right arrow button on new remote does not work remote useless

I was having the same issue with my prior remote. I bought another remote -Roku Streaming stick 4k-and I am having the same problem with the right arrow button. I have a vizio smart tv. 

Have you/or anyone have found a solution. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @olderguy,

Thanks for post!

We want to learn more about this and see how we can help. Could you tell us where you purchased this remote? 

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @olderguy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to see more on what's going on here. Could you tell us if this is the remote that came along with the device? And how long have you been experiencing this?

Tell us, and we'll zoom in on.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LoJones

We Having the same right arrow issue with our new remote.  Ugh!

The other buttons are fine.  Just going right means pressing really hard or pressing repeatedly.

It has volume on the side

The bottom buttons are Netfix, Disney, appletv+, discovery+

We tried pairing this new remote to one of our other rokus but it's exactly the same situation.

Bought it from Walmart . Threw away the receipt so they won't refund or replace it.  

I'm guessing it's a faulty connection.  Just want a new remote!

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LoJones,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Kindly be advised that we have forwarded your information and concern to the Support team, who'll reach out to you through email to address this case. We recommend checking your email from time to time to be updated when they contact you.

We'd appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.