Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verywisegnome
Reel Rookie

Re: "For a better experience, try pairing your remote again"

@RokuEuniceL 

The issue started sometime over the weekend; Friday or Saturday.

-TCL model 55P607

-serial: YS009G343950

-device ID: 8SF009343950

-software: 12.5.5 build 4174-30

-tracker ID: 50-103-337

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @verywisegnome,

Thank you for the quick response and for providing the information here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will forward your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
prisonerdrw
Binge Watcher

Okay, update on this situation.

I can't remember now, but probably in January I switched the two Voice remotes and tried the second on I bought, the living room remote (Remote 1) into my room. Well it's been nearly three months and I haven't had any major issues. Although I do think that for some reason these remotes are unreliable once the batteries go to about 50%. Once they hit that mark, the connection gets weaker and the voice feature stops working and you need to change your batteries.

I left the original remote in my room (Remote 2) alone, but tried it on my TCL 4K TV today, and it wouldn't connect at all. I consider that remote basically dead.

So basically, can someone at Roku send either a new remote to replace Remote 2 or reimburse me so I can buy a replacement remote. I have supplied pics of both remotes numbers from inside the battery area.

Remote 2.jpg 

0 Kudos
SusieSc

I'm having the same exact problem and my remote is two weeks old. It can't be the batteries if it's working except for voice.  To unplug the TV is a big deal for me because it involves a ladder and reaching behind the TV. I had issues from day one and had to do a factory reset.  Now when I try that I get warnings. Just going to return it. This is ridiculous and too aggravating.   I have a rechargeable different model for another TV and have never had a problem. Thought that's what I was ordering this time, too.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.