Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincecaruso
Reel Rookie

misplace express 4k+ remote

I have a Roku Express 4k+ running software version: 12,5.5 build 4174-CR

I'm forever misplacing my remote and spending 10 minutes trying to figure out where I left it.

Everywhere I look the instructions for finding my lost remote are the same two instructions:

use the app on your phone

go to settings

go to remotes

find remote.... NO SUCH FEATURE

or

I use the "voice feature" to "ping my remote" and get the following:

The "find remote" feature is not available with your currently paired remote. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: misplace express 4k+ remote

Hi @vincecaruso,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

Lost remote finder is supported on any Roku voice remote with a built-in speaker, such as the Roku Voice Remote Pro, with personal shortcut buttons. To determine if your voice remote is compatible, look for small speaker holes on the back of your remote.

You may also want to check out this support article here on how to find your Roku remote using the lost remote finder feature.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vincecaruso
Reel Rookie

For some reason the 2nd part of my post did not appear... I used the voice feature and despite being a 4K+ model it says:

the "find remote" feature is not available with your currently paired remote. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@vincecaruso 

Not all of the Roku remotes are able to be used with the "Find Remote" feature.

Of the new Roku remotes, the rechargeable Voice Remote Pro is compatible.

Some devices in the past were also equipped with device specific non-rechargeable enhanced Voice Remotes (but not all devices), that were also compatible.

Basically, if you turn your Roku remote over and you see a little speaker (speaker holes) in the plastic, then the remote is compatible and can be used with the Find Remote feature.

In this Roku Support Article, look under the Section "Is my remote compatible?".  https://support.roku.com/article/211865427

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102