Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to adjust the volume with a roku express remote?

Jump to solution

Right, roku app doesn't control anything none roku. So in the case of your express you would need the app for the roku and separate remote for the tv. Just like the express original remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku streambar can also control TV volume (of most TVs) via HDMI cable.  Streambar wireless (not IR) remote has volume buttons.

One for All makes a IR remote which is preconfigured for Roku and can also be set to control TV volume.  There are some cheap roku-alike remotes which can also control TV volume (with some setup) but are a bit hit and miss.

Roku Streaming stick remotes can also control TV volume (with some setup)

The entry level express box/remote can't control TV volume. Volume control is a feature of more expensive Roku. 

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
EdRock

Jump to solution

There are third party remotes that can control your TV volume and power, and control the Roku Express. I got one on Amazon for around $12. 

Westonsteve
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. I got a different Roku device and a Roku TV. Problem solved now. 

0 Kudos
Cliche1206
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you tell me which one you got please?

0 Kudos
EFFLUX

Jump to solution

Who wants a remote for their TV that does not control the power and the sound of it.? That's the basic controls. Everything else can go secondary but that is up front and foremost. I don't know what we're talking about here.., that's just crazy. Now I got to take this controller back to walmart.

Cliche1206
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wondering the same thing. It doesn’t make any sense, there has to be a way. I HATE using 2 controllers, I was so mad when I realized the new remote didn’t have volume control. I tried using my old remote with the volume on the side and it works but wth?!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for getting us back here in the Roku Community, @Cliche1206!

Could you please specify the model of your Roku Express?

Here is a clear explanation of the key differences between the two types of Roku Express and some information about our products.

1. The first one is the Roku Express, which comes with a simple remote without any volume and power buttons. This model only works with the simple remote because it uses an IR (invisible infrared) light to send a signal a short distance from the remote (where the IR transmitter is located) to the front of your Roku device (where the IR receiver is located).
  2. The second one is the Roku Express 4K+. This model comes with the Roku Voice Remote that has both power and volume buttons and utilizes a CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) setup. CEC allows commands to be shared between devices over the same HDMI connection as audio and video, letting you control the standard functions of different devices without having to juggle remotes.

For more information about our Roku product, please visit our support website and review the details about Roku streaming players.

We hope this clarifies any confusion and helps you determine which Roku Express model you have and which remote is compatible with your Roku device. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rokasm

Jump to solution

This remote worked with my TV and ghetto-level Roku express for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09J1WR8YZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I switched to the 4K for the RF remote. It's a much better user experience. 

0 Kudos