Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thos

channel guide on spectrum app jumps 2 channels for each click on remote

spectrum guide comes up and moves 2 channels for each click on remote.  using a roku stick.  only able to view half of the channels.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: channel guide on spectrum app jumps 2 channels for each click on remote

Hello @thos

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the Spectrum channel and then reinstalling it? To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hansenb40
Reel Rookie

I have this same problem on 3 roku devices. Awful annoying. Spectrum  has been warning us to NOT uninstall the spectrum app.

Bob

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @hansenb40

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? When was the time Spectrum advised you to not uninstall the channel? 

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
hansenb40
Reel Rookie

@RokuLianna Apologies for not getting back to you quicker. The popup  that told us not to uninstall/reinstall was last year when the spectrum app was not in the rocku channel store. That has been resolved.

I've uninstall the app on two TV's, and when I use the right arrow to view their channel guide, up and down buttons will move the channel two channels. Using OK to select a channel gives me their filter menu.... Sometimes.

I've since found the spectrum roku forums and this all started with Spectrums 6/22 rollout of their later version of the app that changed how the various keystrokes navigate their functionality. The spectrum  community has been very vocal that the app is broke and are asking for them to revert back to the previous version, or fix it. I have one of the problems cited.

I'll pile on over there. Thank you for responding!

0 Kudos