Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to pair

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issues. Just moved the stick to another room. It connects to the app just fine, but the remote will only connect for about 2-3 minutes. Serial number is YH009M484381. Model 3810X
0 Kudos
Odco

My remote wont pair to my roku. The green light stays on as soon as i insert the batteries. I unplugged the roku, waited 5 seconds and now its stuck on “roku remote pairing” screen.

[post merged with already existing thread]

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note. 

You'll want to start here to troubleshoot issues with your wireless remote: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-any...

Restarting your Roku device, and your wireless router/modem is a great first step. Replacing the batteries in your remote can help. Changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router, to one that isn't in use by another nearby wireless network, can reduce wireless interference and be extremely effective in improving remote functionality.  

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Re: Remote

Jump to solution

The remotes for my two streaming sticks work fine now. The issue was the internet outage and when the internet came back some settings on my modem had changed. I had to finally call century link about three timesSmiley Frustrated to get the issue sorted out. 

Thanks

Gerry H.

0 Kudos
HannesDP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and no amount of rebooting and taking batteries out and pressing pairing buttons helped! I was able to control the player through the Roku app on my phone but the remote itself would not pair. I have tried all the steps in the support document on this group and watched several other videos of people with the same issue.

I fixed the problem by pressing the hard reset key (almost invisible) on the bottom of the Roku Ultra player and the remote was paired soon afterwards. Strangely enough this procedure is not mentioned anywhere. 

MikeChuckF

Jump to solution

I have a model RC-AL2 remote.  It worked just fine initially, then it no longer was paired with the stick.  I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail.  I have tried everything.  My regular TV set remote can turn the set on/off but I cannot use the Roku remote then to access a channel or app or turn it on/off, nothing.  No connection between the Roku stick and its remote.  I was wondering if I was going to have to purchase another unit so I hope you can help before I have to do that.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
HannesDP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All the steps taken that the Roku experts gave me, did not work and I tried various combinations of their solutions and the one’s on YouTube, but could not solve the problem.  It was by accident that I discovered the reset button and press that. Immediately the Roku paired and all my problems solved.  Yet this simple solution is nowhere to be found in the experts advice.  My model (Roku Ultra) is different to yours, so this might help you.  Hope you come right and that the designers will think of less nonsense in a future version. 

0 Kudos
Bri9488
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue. I moved the Roku streaming stick from the living room to a bedroom, and now it will not pair. I have tried literally all of the troubleshooting tips. Please help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bri9488 

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kermoiant

Jump to solution

Thanks so much!  This worked!

0 Kudos