Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wickerwoman
Channel Surfer

Why doesn't Roku sell bluetooth earbuds or headphones for their remotes?

I looked all around the product pages and features trying to find a place I could order either Bluetooth ear buds or headphones for my remote but couldn't find them anywhere.

So then I contacted support and asked them where they were on the site but he said Roku doesn't sell Bluetooth ear buds?  Why not when it's a feature with one of the remotes?

Now I have to go to Amazon, Walmart, Target or somewhere else to complete my upgrade purchase! That's just NUTS and Roku is losing out on my business and probably tons of other customer's upgrades, too. 

AND if they offered them for sale here, I would be more likely to buy from them since the earbuds they promote would be compatible with the remote I just upgraded to. 

Do you have any suggestions for a good pair of earbuds or a headset that can be plugged into the remote?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why doesn't Roku sell bluetooth earbuds or headphones for their remotes?

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @wickerwoman!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be happy to provide further information about the Headphones Mode (private listening) feature.

Some Roku streaming devices allow you to pair and connect Bluetooth earbuds or headphones directly to your device for Headphone Mode. When Bluetooth headphones are connected, you can listen to any content streaming on your Roku device. If you have a Roku Streambar® SERoku Streambar, or Roku Streambar Pro, you can also listen to audio from your TV if connected via an HDMI ARC or optical connection.

However, if you are referring to the Roku Voice Remote Pro, which has a headphone jack, you need to use wired earbuds as the Bluetooth feature is not available directly on the physical Roku remote. 

Furthermore, you may also use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. The mobile app's Remote feature allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote and is fully equipped with the Headphones Mode (private listening) feature. 

For further details about this, here are some of our support articles dedicated to this:

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku doesn't sell any such earbuds or headphones because their remotes don't support connecting anything wirelessly. The remotes will only connect to the Roku device wirelessly, and have no support for wireless earbuds of any kind. Frankly, it would not be practical, as the increased power draw on the remote batteries would make them drain far too quickly for users to accept. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@wickerwoman-

As far as wired headsets you can plug in, I think Panasonic ERGOFIT sounds amazingly good for low cost ear buds.  https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HJE120-K-Ergonomic-Comfort-Fit/dp/B003ELYQJI?th=1

They come in a variety of colors.  Some colors on Amazon are out of stock right now so check for ones currently available.  Price seems to vary from color to color also.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.