Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathantvOwner
Reel Rookie

Why are volume steps so large?

I want to control my TV's volume more precisely. I'm really really annoyed that this setting doesn't exist. This setting needs to exist: Volume adjustment precision (DB per increment). Why doesn't this exist!? 

3 REPLIES 3
NathantvOwner
Reel Rookie

Re: Why are volume steps so large?

It makes sense to limit user preferences in the following cases:

2. Tiny dev department budget.

Why do you limit my Roku experience!? I'm sorry I haven't watched any roku originaIs. Is it contempt for not watching any Roku originals? I commit that I'll watch one if you let me adjust the volume properly. I can't believe that I can't control the volume precisely on my tv. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Try reprogramming the remote for your tv, skip the first positive result by lying, click YES even it muted to see if subsequent codes work better. 

settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in USE> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NathantvOwner
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately, the remote is working. Volume increments 1 per click. The issue is that volume level 9 is far too quiet and volume level 10 is far too loud. In addition, when I plug in a blue tooth headset, the minimum volume setting before the headphones go silent is still really loud. I want to be able to adjust my volume precisely. TVs from the beginning of the last century had volume knobs that accurately adjusted the volume. They did it in the 1900s. Rokus can't do it in 2024. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.