Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gadget228
Reel Rookie

Volume control has a mind of it's own.

Using the roku remote to control the tv volume and it will continue to go up or down on it's own, if you turn the remote away from the tv it will stop but point the remote back and it will continue to do it. Have reset the roku several times and it still does it, bought a new remote, updated everything and it still does it even with a new remote and now another tv upstairs with roku is doing it also, I've also had the problem of the audio and video getting out of sync at lot, resetting the roku will fix it but it's happening again and again.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Volume control has a mind of it's own.

@Gadget228

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into the issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bob501

Danny, I am having the same issues, unexpected volume change from a replacement remote. 

-model 3921RW Roku Premier+

-S/N YH000C410289

(JG2880410289)

- S/W 11.5.0 build 4312.91

-Time 2022-12-26T19:53:53z

-Issue ID 89-518-153

Using replacement remote 

Model RC-GZ1 S/N 3226001306

Since purchasing this replacement remote, the volume will increase or decrease unexpectedly after using the volume buttons. When clicking up, the volume will rapidly increase with no input from the buttons. Same thing occurs when decreasing the volume. It is random and occurs everyday on every streaming service we use. The original remote we had for this device did not do this. The television is a Samsung and did not have this issue with the original remote. 

You can reach me at my registered email on my account. 

0 Kudos
Hildyst

I’m having similar problems with my remote- did you find a sollution?

0 Kudos
Gadget228
Reel Rookie

Bought a new remote and it did the same thing so replaced the Roku with a new one and now the problem is gone.

0 Kudos
ron02mv17

Volume control has a mind of it's own....

Hi Danny-

I have the same issue:

Model: 4662RW-Roku Ultra LT

Serial #: YJ0051015585

Device ID: 046175015585

This happens intermittently.  Sometimes I can go several days and the volume works fine and then all of a sudden and without warning, when I push volume up or volume down, it continues to go in that same direction until it reaches the max volume up or volume is at "mute."  Needless to say, the volume up is terrible, as I have a powerful sound bar that gets crazy-loud.  Please advise as to a software/hardware fix or if I need a new remote.   I have only had Roku for a few months and have it on 3 other TVs with no issue.   Just happens on the one television.   Thank you for your help.  Ron R. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume control has a mind of it's own....

Hi @ron02mv17,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and providing details.

In addition to the information you have provided, can you please provide the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SoCal811

Same issue here.   Just got another remote and the issue happened the first time I used it.   There is another thread on the topic going back to March of last year so it has to be a known issue that Roku hasn’t figured out.  

0 Kudos